The countdown continues!! Beyoncé will be hitting the stage this Sunday, February 3rd for the Super Bowl XLVII half time show! As you can see, Beyoncé (and the snacks) will be the highlight of Sunday evening! In addition, the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers will be on the field competing for the title! As you enjoy the festivities, what will you be snacking on?
Here’s a peek at the perfect combination of carbs and Tex-Mex: Nacho Loaded Potato Skins! These treats, courtesy of What’s Gaby Cooking, will be the perfect addition to your football food spread!
*6 Russet Potatoes, scrubbed and pricked with a fork
*6 strips applewood smoked bacon
*1 tsp garlic powder
*1 tsp red pepper flakes
*1 cup refried beans
*1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
*1 cup Chipotle Guacamole
*1 cup salsa
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Drizzle the whole potatoes with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about 60 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
3. While the potatoes are baking, cook off 6 pieces of bacon until crispy and then set aside to cool. Once cooled, roughly chop the bacon.
4. Remove from oven and let cool until they are cool enough to handle. Cut the potatoes in half, lengthwise, and scoop out a most of the flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch remaining.
5. Crank the oven up to 450 degrees F.
6. Place the cut potatoes back onto the baking sheet, flesh side up. Lightly drizzle the tops with olive oil and a sprinkle of garlic powder and red pepper flakes and place them back into the oven for about 10 more minutes. Flip them onto their other side and bake for another 10 minutes before removing them from the oven.
7. Arrange the potatoes on the baking sheet, cut side up.
8. Spoon equal amounts of refried beans into each potato, followed by equal parts bacon and shredded cheese. Place the potato skins back into the oven for 3-4 minutes until the cheese melts.
9. Take the potatoes out of the oven and top them with salsa, guacamole, sour cream, scallions, chives or whatever else you’d like to top them with and serve immediately.
Thanks so much to What’s Gaby Cooking for sharing this yummy recipe! Which team are you rooting for? What are you cooking for Super Bowl XLVII? I’d love to know!!