It’s Tasty Tuesday! I hope you’re having a great week. I have hopped on the ombre wagon! I am a true fan of color! The celebration of various shades of color (especially pink) is so exciting! I love these pretty Purple Ombre Mini Cakes from Glorious Treats. These treats would be prefect for a baby or bridal shower, as a wedding favor, or for Sunday brunch.
Ingredients + Tools:
*vanilla cake batter (box mix or scratch recipe)
*baking pans (oiled, floured, and lined with parchment paper)
*circle cookie cutters
*pastry bag or ziplock bag (to pipe frosting)
1. Prepare vanilla cake batter using a box mix or a scratch recipe.
2. Divide the batter into 4 bowls and color as desired.
3. Pour batter into prepared cake pans. Cake pans should be oiled, floured, and lined on the bottom with parchment paper.
4. Bake as directed by recipe. Cool cakes on cooling rack.
5. Use a round cookie cutter to cut circles of cake from each layer.
6. Layer cakes as desired, piping a swirl of frosting between each layer. Frost the tops of the cakes as desired.
This is such a fun and cute recipe! What color would your ombre mini cakes be? I’d love to know!