Celebrity event planner David Tutera recently came to Dallas for a speaking engagement. He spoke to a group of event professionals and brides-to-be at the Adolphus Hotel. There’s only one word that describes this event planner: Fabulous! I was ecstatic to be spending a few hours getting the inside scoop on his famed reality show “My Fair Wedding” and tips on how to plan the perfect wedding.
Tips from Tutera:
– Pictures last a lifetime! Choose your photographer wisely. Once the honeymoon is over, your wedding pictures will be your lasting memory.
– Change is good! If you want to keep your guests engaged, be sure to having something new happening at your reception every 30 minutes. Keep the party going!
– If you want to have a Winter Wonderland Wedding in July, go for it! Don’t get too attached to “seasonal” colors and expectations.
– Be realistic with your budget. Educate yourself on what things cost. Set a list of priorities. Know what you want and where you’re willing to cut back if necessary.
– Guests don’t want to take home random favors. Make your favors meaningful (and useful) or cut them out altogether. You can utilize this money in another area of your budget.
– Try something new with the tables at your reception. X tables are a new trend that’s becoming quite popular. With this look, tables are set up in the shape of an “X”. This is a great way to give the room a new look and sense of personal style!
Be sure to catch David Tutera the next time he visits your city. I sure will!
Watch David Tutera on “My Fair Wedding” Sunday nights on We TV at 9pm|8c.