It’s officially autumn wedding season! October will be here in just a few days and it’s one of the most popular wedding months here in the South! In addition, engagement season is quickly approaching! (Guys love to pop the question between Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Day!) Now is a great time to review details for wedding guest attire!
Have you receive a wedding invitation or checked out a wedding website and had no idea what to wear based off the suggested dress code? Are you planning your wedding and want to ensure that your guests adhere to a certain style? The Black Tux, an online tuxedo rental company that offers a well-curated selection of stylish, modern formalwear, recently shared The Wedding Guest Style Guide with my team! This detailed (and awesome) tool will definitely point you in the right direction! Check it out:
Now that you have the wedding dress code lingo under your belt, here are a few guest etiquette tips to take into consideration as your plan your attire for wedding day:
- DO adhere to the couple’s dress code request!
- DON’T wear white (unless you’re asked to)! White (off-white and ivory too) is usually reserved for the bride. You don’t want to be labeled “that girl” for the night…
- DO dress for the venue, location, and season! (Please note that your stilettos will sink into the grass at a garden wedding!)
- DON’T wear the wedding colors. This should be reserved for the wedding party and immediate family.
- DO wear something that you’ll be comfortable in! You want to be able to move freely when you hear your favorite song! (This means that you may need to bring an extra pair of dancing shoes!)
- DON’T wear inappropriate attire! Be respectful of the couple, their family, and other guests. Sexy, dramatic, and edgy looks should be reserved for other occasions.
- DO coordinate your attire with your date! You and your honey will surely turn heads in complementing colors and patterns!
- When in doubt, DON’T underdress… In my opinion, it’s always better to be over than under!
The Black Tux offers a wide variety of high quality tuxedo, suit, and accessory rentals for the groom, groomsmen, guests, and all the other important men in your life! Ladies, if you too are interested in renting a bit of luxury from some of the top designers around for your next wedding celebration, be sure to check out Rent the Runway!
Will you be attending a wedding soon? If so, what will you be wearing? I’d love to know!